- Should be well ventilated and air conditioning if present needs to be disabled.
- The room should be close to a toilet that can be dedicated for patients only or in extreme situations, a bucket placed within the examination room
- Remove clutter and unnecessary furniture.
- Examination couch
- 2 Chairs
- Facilities for hand washing with soap and hot water, alternatively alcohol hand gel
- Telephone (ideally, or adequate mobile signal)
- Notice for patients as to why they are isolation and how they can reception for help without leaving the room (see patient in isolation document)
- Facemasks and vomit bowls
- Tissues and contaminated waste disposal bags
- Digital thermometer (if available) and clothes peg type pulse oximeter.
- Bottled water
FANS of Play Today
BYO - Build Your Own Safe, Secure & Healthy Room to HELP Stop the Spread of Infectious Disease. -
Leave a Reply.